hang 10 is a new feature here on smashing rubbish to make a quick chronicle of 10 things/items/experiences/people/places that i am loving, wanting to remember, and share with you!
1. new find: vintage french boudoir doll head found in kalama on my way to bend, or. "why you call me princess leia?!"
2. the drawstring pouches i am making for the the reopening/moving party at m&m antiques in monroe. i am vendor #73 and the first 20 lucky folks in the door will get a nice hefty bag full of goodies from each vendor. these recycled linen and muslin pouches will contain chocolates and whatnots.
Friday, August 24th, 6-9pm
be there or be square!
3. the henna blessing julie gave me when i was with her in bend. the other side is rad too.
julie is about to start her mfa in printmaking.
4. these were jammed immediately
others were froze
most were devoured
5. jasper made this sock monkey for his friend cash.
cute and sweet beyond words.
6. my neko case set list from sunday night at pickathon.
yes, chad and august scored it for me...love that. i could do a whole blog post on set lists....i have a LOT!
7. the owl who blessed us with a day time visit when we were driving up our hill last week. owls are coming out of the wood work for me folks. just sayin...
8. this amazing piece of vintage bead work will transform into a stunning necklace very soon...stay tuned
9. this is me and my pa courtesy of jasper
10. and these are the vintage bloomers i found in pdx that i put an elastic waistband in and have been wearing all.the.time. under shorter dresses so they peek-a-boo out. love.
hope you all are having a blast this summer!
we are on the go so much in this season so my posting is not as regular or frequent. hang in there with me as big stuff is coming down the pike. i will share and show as i can and know more myself.
have fun, be good, and eat watermelon,