here is the finished chaise lounge cushion i recovered for my friend Kathy. it turned out even better then i had hoped and Kathy loves it! i love it too!
here is the original cushion:
the cover i made slips right over this and opens in the back for easy removal.
here is a close up of one of the vintage feed sacks i used. I used three in all. Kathy had bought them especially for this project and she gave me a cotton curtain panel to use for the back fabric.
here are the sacks layed out in the initial stages.
trying to show you the red double top stitching i did on the top to tie all the pieces together. i will show you the overlapping "pocket opening" in the back. it's just like you might see on a euro sham pillow:
so there you have it. another cover up! Kathy is using vintage ticking pillows to go around the back side of this, where your head, neck, and back would rest. i bet it looks really good all together.
off to work on more painting bags. i know i've said it a hundred times but i am trying to get several bags done so when i get back from Tucson i can list a bunch of stuff at once in my Etsy shop. wish me luck. fingers crossed.